I have to admit that I really like the feeling of being super casual and having low expectations on a night when most people do the opposite. Here are some of our other favorite unromantic dates:
- Fast food. Whether it's a bucket of chicken, a couple of happy meals, or a bacon, egg, and fried onion topped burger (pictured above), you really can't beat a fast food meal if you want to get unromantic.
- A good ol' American buffet. I highly recommend Golden Corral. So much opportunity to stuff yourself, people watch, and help yourself to third dessert because you're too full to leave.
- Video game night. This can work with any of the aforementioned food suggestions, or you can order pizza (because, pizza). I'm terrible at video games so this wouldn't be my top choice but I think most guys, mine included, would love it.
- Cook together. Think sloppy: sloppy joes, chili dogs, mac and cheese or loaded nachos. Anything that you'd serve or eat at a Super Bowl party.
- Watch a movie. This could go one of two ways - a movie marathon of a nerdy (and lovable) series, like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Or you could also stick to one movie but make it good and gruesome - 127 hours, True Grit, The Revenant, or Arachnophobia.
- Go out for wings. No dress code and no need to worry about staying clean - revel in the messiness that is wings.
- Find a deal. Several chains, like Waffle House or Qdoba, will do special deals for Valentine's Day. Check articles and calendars like this for food deals by month.